This award is given to an individual who has made a significant contribution to ILAG's activities during the year.
Kim demonstrates the true ethos of ILAG which is to educate members, foster information sharing, engage and build relationships with regulators and promote industry understanding.
A proactive and enthusiastic Chair of the Prudential Regulation Practitioner Group (2014 to 2017), Kim forged excellent relations with the PRA, introduced topic champions and developed an effective cross-group relationship with the Financial Reporting Practitioner Group.
Pat has chaired the Regulations PG for 3 years. She is very knowledgeable and provides great insights into the practical application of many of the regulatory changes.
Pat is very diligent and one of the main contributors to the PG’s response on papers. She is very measured in her responses; reflecting the differing views of the PG membership.
Graeme is a long time supporter and advocate for ILAG and chaired the Risk Management Practitioner Group from its formation until the end of his 3 year term in August 2015. He remains an active member of the Group. Under his guidance the Group very quickly established itself and attracted committed and knowledgeable Group Members. The output from this Group has been exceptional with 3 or 4 seminars each year, attracting over 700 delegates.
Damien is a proactive and enthusiastic Chair of the Protection PG and a loyal supporter of ILAG he has been chosen forthe award because:
- Introduced ‘topic champions’ at PG meetings to stimulate discussion and involve more PG members
- Industry guests are regularly invited to PG meetings to discuss current projects and potential joint initiatives
- Instrumental in maintaining links with Helen White at ABI
Nick has been nominated for this award for a number of reasons:
- Proactive and enthusiastic Chair of Distribution PG
- A long term member of the Group prior to this – moving from firm to firm
- Great ambassador for ILAG
- He encourages colleagues to register and participate and actively monitors HSBC’s involvement in PGs/ seminars (they are always well represented at the latter)
Graham has been nominated for this award for a number of reasons:
- Led the Tax Practitioner Group through a time of important change in the life tax regime
- Attended frequent meetings with HMRC to discuss and debate the implications for the life industry and ILAG members
- Ensured that ILAG members have been kept at least as up to date with developments, and probably more targeted, as members of much larger organisations
- Injected a sense of
Debbie has been an extremely active and involved member of the Regulations PG for many years. When she was at Swiss re she provided venues for meetings, briefings and seminars.
Although her focus at LV= is on GI, she still brings an awful lot to PG meetings, and shares very important information with us on matters that overlap both the GI and Life/Protection areas.
RGA UK Services Limited
Mick has been chosen for this award for a variety of reasons:
- His energy and enthusiasm has re-energised and refocused the Protection PG
- He has forged links with ABI, obliging them to acknowledge ILAG’s contribution and co-operate on practical projects
- He is a champion for ILAG and has creative ideas for how we can raise our profile
Andrew is extremely well connected and attends a lot of industry meetings. He has made a great contribution to the E Commerce and Distribution PGs, providing technical input and finding seminar speakers. He is also very active in recommending ILAG to potential members and bringing guests to our events.
Andrew first joined ILAG through Rawlings and later became an individual member running his own Consultancy. He has recently joined Logica and has bought them into ILAG membership.
Sanlam UK Ltd
Mike is one of our longest serving PG Chairmen (and probably PG members). He is epitomises ILAG’s strong practitioner base and his knowledge of the detail of pensions schemes, regulation and legislation is encyclopaedic. In the past he has also contributed to ‘blue sky’ documents for presentation to MPs and he currently sits on the SSG where future work of this kind will be carried out.
This award is a fitting acknowledgement of all his commitment and enthusia